Whatsapp was acquired by Facebook for billions of dollars and has been introducing features which were well received and some which were criticized by many such as the ‘stories’ addition to its status tab. Recent news suggests the app is on the brink of introducing mobile payment services soon.
Whatsapp is important for individuals and businesses alike but what happens if you lose all your data because of a broken or stolen device?
Here’s how you can backup all the data on your Whatsapp to be restored when setting up Whatsapp on any other device.
- Open your Whatsapp and select the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Chats’ in the Settings menu.
- Click on ‘Chat Backup’ and add an account if not already selected.
- This is the account where your data will be backed up and restored from.
- After selected your preferred Google account, tap on ‘Backup to Google Drive.’
- To avoid the hassle of backup every time, you can turn on automatic backup by selecting the frequency backup from Daily to Monthly.
- The screen will then start calculating your back up and show you at what time your backup will commence automatically.
- Once the process ends you will be provided with the summary of your last backup at the top of the screen.