Whatsapp was acquired by Facebook for billions of dollars and has been introducing features which were well received and some which were criticized by many such as the ‘stories’ addition to its status tab.
Recent news suggests the app is on the brink of introducing mobile payment services soon. The messaging app is important for individuals and businesses alike but what happens if you lose all your data because of a broken or stolen device?
Here’s how you can backup all your Whatsapp data on an iPhone to be restored when setting up Whatsapp on any other device.
- Open your Whatsapp and click on the Settings tab.
- In the Settings menu tap on Chats.
- With other options such as Chat Wallpaper and Archive Chats, you will see a Chat Backup tab, select that.
- Before backing up data, select backup frequency by clicking on Auto Backup.
- Click on Back Up Now and wait for the process to finish.
- You will be shown a summary of your recent back up on the top of the screen.
You can also backup Whatsapp data to iCloud in case your phone gets broken or stolen.
- Access the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID.
- In your Apple ID section, select iCloud.
- Scroll down and turn on the toggle next to Whatsapp.
- Now your data will be backed up with everything else to iCloud the next time your iCloud syncs.