The COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) has been ranked among top ten universities in Pakistan by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). According to the list revealed by the HEC, the CIIT is the sixth best university in Pakistan.
According to the officials of the university, the mission is not yet accomplished as they want to see this university in the list of 500 best universities of the world.
Here is the list of top ten universities in Pakistan by HEC:
- Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad.
- University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- National University of Science & Technology (NUST).
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Aga Khan University.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT).
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS).
- The University of Karachi.
- The University of Health Sciences.
- The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
The HEC has finalized these rankings on the basis of quality, facilities, and the other factors.
Although HEC has revealed the list of the top ten best universities in Pakistan, it is very shameful that no Pakistani university ranks in top hundred institutions from Asian university rankings of the year.
On the other hand, India’s position was much sturdy as it has eight universities in top 100 Asian institutions, and 16 universities among top 200 Asian universities. These alma maters include Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru, Indian Institutes of Technology in Bombay, Kharagpur, Delhi, Madras, Roorkee, and Guwahati and Jadavpur University.
Earlier, the chairperson of the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) said that the Information Technology University (ITU) is one of the highest quality universities in Pakistan.
Image Source: COMSATS.