Sony Xperia Launch Pakistan

Last night, Sony the famous Japanese brand made a comeback in the Pakistani market with the launch of its seven new smartphones; Xperia L1, Xperia Xperia XA1, Xperia A1 Ultra, Xperia XA1 Plus, Xperia XZ, Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ Premium.

Inovi Technologies and Sony, jointly held a grand ceremony held at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore that was attended by Inovi partners & dealers from across Pakistan, technology bloggers and media professionals.

Sony for many years has inspired a true brand loyalty in many of its users and now the company is returning to offer a new flavor of camera phones in the Pakistani handset industry.

Yo Ozaki
Mr. Yo Ozaki, Retail Head Sony for the Middle East and Africa Region

While talking to MORE News at the launch event, Mr. Yo Ozaki, Retail Head Sony for the Middle East and Africa Region relayed that he find Pakistani market quite impressive.

He said, “Pakistan has 200 million population and most of them are transitioning from feature phone to smartphone. The target market which prefers $200 phones is gradually growing and thus, it is the right time to enter the Pakistani market.”

Sony is targeting the market segment that prefers $200-$400 smartphones

Mr. Okazi believes that Samsung is their biggest competitor in Pakistan but Sony can make a place for itself based on product differentiation as Xperia XZ is the first smartphone with 4K HDR display, Super Slow Motion etc.

Sony plans to see the response of users in the first two months and will then plan if and how they plan to expand their brand in Pakistan.

The smartphone market in Pakistan has grown to take a 60% market share and Sony is hoping to make some space for their devices

Zeeshan Mianoor
Zeeshan Mianoor, COO Inovi Technologies

Zeeshan Mianoor, COO Inovi Technologies while talking about the Sony’s vision said; “We are hoping to grab 2-3% market share initially while in the next quarter we want to create around 10% market share for the Sony’s handsets.”

Talha Aslam
Talha Aslam, Business Manager Inovi Technologies

60% of Pakistan’s smartphone market is loaded with smartphones that are priced below Rs. 20,000. As for Sony, it is targeting the rest of the 40% of the market through its new devices and according to Zeeshan will likely launch its next portfolio immediately in the country after its worldwide announcement.

Sony Retail Operation Manager
Micheal, Retail Operation Manager
Talha and Shafaat
Talha Aslam, Business Manager Inovi Technologies and Syed Shafaat Ali
Yo Ozaki and John Smith
Mr. Yo Ozaki, Retail Head Sony for the Middle East and Africa Region and Mr. Jason Smith, Sony VP Middle East
Group Photo of Mobile phone dealers
Group Photo of Mobile Phone Dealers

Sony Xperia media wall

Sony showcased its seven new smartphones in a large demo area, showing off the amazing smartphones in all their glory.

Sony Xperia demo

Sony Xperia

Xperia XZ Premium is the company’s flagship smartphone that was first announced at the Mobike World Congress (MWC) earlier this year.

Sony Xperia XZ premium
Xperia XZ Premium

Xperia XZ premium can also take 3D images with Sony 3D Creator.

Sony’s flagship smartphone also has a Super Slow-Motion feature. the device’s camera can shoot for a short time at 960 frames per second, which is 32 times slower than normal phone footage.

Xperia XZ Premium Slo motion
Xperia XZ Premium’s Slow Motion feature

Check out this feature in action below:

Our very own Syed Shafaat Ali, Pakistani stand-up comedian hosted the event.

Syad Shafaat Ali
Syad Shafaat Ali

Check out the highlights of his best parodies at the launch.

The event started off with the recitation of Holy Quran followed by National Anthem of Japan and Pakistan, a move which gave the message of harmony and unity.

Sony Xperia launch event

Inovi Technologies, the official distributor of Sony Xperia smartphones, is not a new brand as their old name was Javed Electronics who started their journey with Sony in 1991 by selling their cassettes.

Mr. Ozaki while addressing the audience said, “Our key message is that we are always thinking about how to create differentiation with South Korean and Chinese companies’ handsets.” He also thanked everyone for giving Xperia another chance to make a new story with the Pakistani users.

Jason Smith
Mr. Jason Smith, Sony VP Middle East

Sadaf Zarrar and Amna Niazi from Siddysays, a famous lifestyle blog, shared how Xperia’s camera can change the way we take pictures.

Sadaf Zarrar and Amna Niazi, Team Siddysays

Sony Xperia Phones

The launch event also featured the musical performance by Annie Khalid and a lucky draw giving away five new Xperia handsets.

Annie Khalid
Annie Khalid

Check out her performance below:

Lucky draw
Zeeshan Mianoor drawing a coupon
Sony Xperia retail birthday
Inovi Technologies celebrating birthday of its retailers


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here