Google Photos is an app that comes installed on every Android phone and is a one-stop shop for everything related to your phone’s photos. It provides you with options like storage and sharing your photos with ease.
With the release of camera phones like the Oppo F3 Plus and Huawei P10 with its Leica cameras taking an awesome photo with a smartphone is not impossible. But if you still think your image needs some work before you show it to your friends you can use numerous editing apps on Play Store….or one that is already present on your phone!
A feature of Google Photos that is very less known and often underrated is the Editing option. You can edit any photo in few moments to upload on Instagram, Facebook or any social site of your liking.
The editing app consists of 13 cool filters among other features. Here’s how you can edit photos in seconds.
- Open the Google Photos app and select the photo you want to edit.
- Click on the pencil icon at the bottom.
- Select from the filter available to give your photo the look you desire.
- When done, tap the Save button at the top.
Adjusting Light & Color
- Select a photo and tap the pencil icon.
- Tap on the three bars at the bottom of the screen.
- Adjust the Light, Color and Pop by dragging the circle on the bar left or right.
- Advanced settings for Light and Color can be activated by clicking on the arrow at the end of the bar.
- Click Save when done.
Cropping & Rotating
- Select a photo and tap the pencil icon to start editing.
- Tap the Crop icon on the far right at the bottom of the screen.
- Drag the bar left or right at the bottom to rotate photos for adjusting the angle.
- Tap the icon on the left side of the bar to adjust the aspect ratio.
- You can also zoom in by pinching your fingers.
- For cropping the image drag the corners of the photo to where you want them.
- If you don’t like the resulting image, tap on the edited photo.
- Tap on the three vertical dots present at the top right of the screen.
- Tap undo edits to remove all edits and revert back to the original photo.