The Government of Punjab in collaboration with Punjab Information Technology Board has introduced Punjab Free WiFi Program, aiming to expand to other cities after Lahore and installing more than 200 WiFi hotspots which will be able to provide service to over 160,000 users.
With the tagline, “Enhancing Public Services Through Technology,” the free WiFi facility will be provided under the Digital Punjab program to bridge the digital divide by providing people with easy and reliable access to the free internet at public places.
You will have to register yourself before you get access to free WiFi. It is important to note that the Punjab Wifi app will just provide you with instructions on registration and nearby hotspots. Follow these steps to register as a free Wifi user.
- Download the Punjab WiFi app from the Play Store.
- Open the Punjab WiFi app and it will provide you all the hotspots nearby.
- The app will also show you instructions for using the Punjab WiFi.
- Turn on the WiFi and connect PunjabWifi. This may take 5-10 seconds.
- Add any website’s address in your web browser; a Punjab Wifi page will open up on your screen.
- Add your mobile number and the pin code received on your number.
- Enter your profile details.
- Your Punjab Wifi account has now been created; you can now use free internet!