It is important that your iPhone is backed up at all times to avoid discomfort if your phone falls or gets stolen in the future. While the process of transferring your contacts from iPhone to an android phone or transferring data from an old iPhone to a newer might seem a bit tricky, the backing up of your iPhone is a much easier task.
There are several ways to backup your iPhone data; below we discuss the three easiest ways to back up your data:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes (v12.6) for Windows (supports Windows 7 or above) from Apple’s official website.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- The phone will ask you to ‘Trust’ or ‘Don’t Trust’ the computer, tap on ‘Trust’.
- Your iPhone should appear in the iTunes window, select it.
- Make sure your phone’s screen is unlocked.
- In the Back-Up section, select ‘This Computer’ to enable the iTunes to backup data to your computer.
- Click on the ‘Back Up Now’ button to start the process.
- iTunes will ask if you want to backup your apps and purchases, click on the desired option.
- Wait for the process to complete, once the process is complete you can find your phone’s backup file in the iTunes Media folder.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select iCloud from the menu.
- The dropdown menu will show you if you have the backup options turned on or off.
- Turn it on and select everything you need to backup from the menu.
- Go to the ‘Storage’ section and then click on ‘Manage Storage’, select your phone and tap on all the apps whose data you want to backup.
- Go back to the ‘Backup’ section and click on ‘Back Up Now’
- Wait for the process to finish, it may take 20-40 minutes depending on your internet connection and the amount of data you’re backing up.
- Download the latest iTools version (v.220.127.116.11) for Windows (supports Windows 7 or above) and install in on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTools
- A screen will appear displaying your phone summary, click on the ‘Toolbox’ tab.
- Now select the ‘Super Backup’ tab under ‘Data Management’.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- If your iPhone is running on iOS 7.0 or older please make sure you have older versions of iTunes (v10.0 or older) and iTools (v2.0 or older) for smooth performance.