Detroit Auto Show is having a blast where cars like Toyota Supra and Lexus RC F are the talk of the town. However, no one was expecting a giant SUV by Kia. The South Korean auto manufacturer has unveiled the production-ready 2020 Kia Telluride full-size SUV at the North American Auto Show.
Kia Telluride has been in the news for quite some time now as the company was teasing the concept at various Auto and technology shows. Although for now, it will target the US market, Kia has shown its potential by developing the largest ever SUV by the company.
For comparison its way bigger than Kia cars what we have seen here in Pakistan, Kia Sportage, and even bigger than the critics’ favorite Kia Sorento. The latest trend in the auto industry is all about crossovers and SUVs’ as consumers are showing little interest in sedans. Sensing that, the company has answered with KIA Telluride.
KIA Telluride 2020 is an eight-seater SUV built as an adventure-ready vehicle contrary to the company’s reputation of producing vehicles for commuting purposes. Telluride is perfect for open skies, desert trails, mountain passes, shady woods, highways and long runs along the coasts.
It features a powerful 3.8-liter, 291-hp V6 engine, all-wheel drive at active demand and an inspiring broad sunroof. In summary, every time the Telluride is on the road, the potential for exploration and adventure is also present.
This time KIA has impressed us with the design of Telluride 2020. The exterior features long, broad hood and wide grille with bold, stacked front lights that express power and stability. The windshield is upright, and the SUV has a clear side profile.
Rear lights are in “L” inverted shape with LED strips (standard in the EX and SX versions). Elongated brand names are present on the front edge of the bonnet while it also has a sculpted rear crankcase guard with integrated dual exhaust tips for power and off-road capability (standard on S, EX and SX versions).
As far as the interior is concerned, integrated grab bars are there in the center console. Telluride supports a wide console with emphasis on the horizontal plane through the artistic use of premium molding features to convey a sense of spaciousness – more “luxurious living room” than “utility vehicle.”
The cabin has enough head and leg room. Nappa leather upholstery with double stitching is available across the interior and dashboard.
For infotainment purposes, a 10.25-inch touch screen is also available. This modern SUV also adorns parking assistance with rear view monitoring.
Self-leveling rear suspension
The height of the suspensions can be calibrated automatically depending on the load of the vehicle to optimize control and stability (optional on the EX and SX). The same system is available in the high-end variants of Toyota Land Cruiser.
There are four driving modes available; Intelligent, Ecological, Sports and Comfort – each of which uses different settings to allocate the efforts for propeller, transmission and steering channel. In addition to the four normal driving modes, drivers can select two different settings, Snow and AWD Lock, for specific driving conditions.
Other Remarkable Features:
- The Telluride KIA is equipped with some marvelous and best of technological features present right now. Let’s dig in.
- 10-speaker Harman / Kardon audio system of 630 watts with surround sound
- Apple CarPlay11 and Android Auto12
- Wireless charging
- A total of six USB charging ports available
- Seven airbags
- Anti-lock brake
- Braking control downhill
- Electronic stability control
- Assistance control for hill start
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Collision warning forward (FCW)
- Assistance to avoid forward collision (FCA) with pedestrian detection
- Assistance with high beam lights (HBA) (available)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Assistance to stay in the lane (LKA)
- Rear assistance to avoid blind-spot collision (BCA-R)
- Blind spot vision monitor (BVM)
- Intelligent cruise control with stop and advance
- Assistance to prevent collision with traffic crossing from behind (RCCA)
- Parking distance warning? forward (available) and reverse
- Monitor with a view of the surroundingsKia Telluride uses ultrasonic sensors designed to detect movement of children or pets in the second and third rows after the vehicle doors have been closed and locked and then can issue audible alerts the driverRemote start and door lock (standard)
- Pre-conditioning of the cab temperature of the vehicle before use
We would love KIA to introduce this car in Pakistani market in a competitive price range. It will surely provide consumers here with a variety against popular SUVs’ of Toyota which has captured almost 90% of the market share.