Passwords are annoying and often difficult to remember. With so much tech advancements going on around us it is truly disappointing that we are still with a text form to identify ourselves. With the introduction of Iris technology and facial recognition in the newly released Galaxy S8 and S8+, we can hope that in the future individual apps might support these technologies too.
Microsoft has launched an app that wants you to never remember your password again for Microsoft services like Hotmail, Outlook and more. If you have multiple accounts for any of these sites you can now store them on this app and login with a simple notification!
Here’s how you can set up the authentication process.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator
- Tap on ‘Add Account’ and select the type of account you want to add
- Sign in with your email id, Microsoft will ask you to identify your ID, by a code sent to your phone number
- Next time you log in from the browser you will see an option to use Microsoft Authenticator for logging in
- A notification will pop up on your mobile asking you to approve sign in
- Approve or Deny access from within the app