The entire Muslim world stands united against the cause of eliminating blasphemous content from social media. In a meeting today, Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar met the ambassadors of Muslim countries to discuss the agenda of curbing this infectious propaganda against Islam.
The participants agreed unanimously that the entire Muslim Ummah is united to protect the sanctity and dignity of the religion and Holy prophet (P.B.UH).
Future Course of Action
Following points were agreed upon by all the envoys of Muslim countries as their future course of action:
- Comprehensive strategy paper encompassing all legal and technical aspects would be circulated among Muslim envoys
- Ambassadors of Muslim countries would be shared that with their governments to evolve the future plan of action
- Formal reference would be sent to the Secretary General of the Arab League and Secretary General of the OIC raising the issue of blasphemous content on social media
- After receiving a response from Islamic countries, matter would be taken up to the United Nations
- Looking into legal options available to follow-up the matter in the courts of the respective countries from where such content was being generated
Chaudhary Nisar on the issue of blasphemous social media pages especially on Facebook said that distortion of religious beliefs and sacrilege of holy personalities of any religion is intolerable. Previously, he vowed to leave no stone unturned to effectively block blasphemous content on the internet.
He further added that no law permits showing disrespect or distortion of any religion. The recent controversy was stirred when various Facebook pages portrayed blasphemous content against the holy personalities in Islam.
Today FIA also got the physical remand of three suspects who were arrested in connection with the blasphemous content on social media mainly Facebook.