While it’s a wonderful idea to connect citizens with different departments and authorities in the country through Pakistan Citizen Portal for resolving their problems, it is equally essential to make the whole process a success.
Pakistan citizen portal or some would call it the prime minister portal, was established in 2018 by the PTI government with a vision to give Pakistanis a medium to lodge complaints to a central portal that will redirect the issues to relevant authorities.
More like a mission statement for Imran Khan, the prime minister’s citizen portal has this mandate to ensure those complaints are timely resolved.
How does Pakistan Citizen Portal work?
Although the Pakistan citizens’ portal has a website, you cannot contact them through any helpline number or a contact us page.
It only works through a mobile app you can download from Google Play, Apple Store, or Huawei AppGallery.
How to register yourself on Pakistan Citizen Portal?
Once you download the app from the respective app store, the rest is simple as per the following steps.
- Register yourself with your CNIC and mobile number.
- You should receive a verification SMS and email on the way to register your ID.
- Once the process is done, you are ready to file a complaint through the citizen portal mobile app.
You can not only register your complaints, the app also gives you a way to forward your suggestions about the working and betterment of different departments and provincial governments.
If you face a problem at the time of registration, here is a video to help you guide you through the process.
To file a complaint, tap on the complaints icon, one of three buttons on the app’s home page, and press the “+” sign to start the process.
Next, the citizen portal app will show you a list of government departments that you need to scroll up and down to find the most relevant department you want to access to file the complaint.
For example, if someone is cyberbullying you or your friend or committing fraud, you would most probably tap on FIA/Cyber Crime menu and select the CyberCrime option on the next page. It will lead you to open a form you can use to provide all the details you have along with any evidence in the shape of an image, video, or audio file.
Pakistan citizen portal app needs an active GPS, so it locates your position right away when filing the complaint. So be careful with what you send over there, as sending the wrong information may land you in hot waters.
Is the Citizen Portal effective?
The official stats from the Prime Minister’s Performance Delivery Unit, the governing body of citizen portal, disclosed that it had received more than 4.4 million complaints from local and ex-pat Pakistanis of various natures concerning different departments.
Out of the total, 215,000 complaints were lodged by overseas Pakistanis.
PM’s unit also revealed that 45% of citizens had shown their satisfaction over the process.
Problems with citizen portal app
The government’s statistics seem overwhelming; several Pakistanis, including the ex-pats, have shown dissatisfaction on the following grounds.
- The app is too bulky and sluggish. It doesn’t load all the time.
- Those who have lodged complaints, again and again, haven’t heard back from relevant authorities.
- Complaints are closed without notifying the complainant and without fixing the issue.
- Mostly, complaints are forwarded to government departments where officers don’t attend.
- Despite tons of bad reviews on the Play Store and Apple Store, no one from the authorities or admin side engage with the citizens.
- No matter how the media reports, the official website of the citizen portal doesn’t feature a single success story.
- Citizen portal app is buggy and the registration process is too complicated.