Problems to restore android? That’s not a new issue for all the Android smartphone users in the world. Android gives the users the freedom to experiment freely with what you want on your phone, but the downfall is that it always end up with a problem or two. If you are also facing some administrative issues you can first try to see if you’re android version is up to date. If it doesn’t solve the problem you can apply the following basic useful actions to restore its function:
Troubleshooting in Safe Mode
Most old devices don’t have this feature so before you try to restore android phone and get on with the dirty work make sure that you have this option in your phone. Safe mode enables the operating system to boot up without the interference of any third party. This mode is very useful for when the system is experiencing issues in its operating system. It also helps with the malfunctioning or malfeasant apps all one has to do is just boot into Safe Mode and disable them before they have a chance to run. Here’s how you can reboot the OS in Safe Mode:
Here’s how you can reboot the android version 4.1 and plus OS in Safe Mode:
- Hold down the Power button on the side of your phone until a popup appears.
- On the menu that shows up, hold down the Power Off option until a popup appears.
- Tap OK to reboot into Safe Mode.
- You should now be in Safe Mode.
Factory Reset (Soft & Hard Reset)
Before going towards factory reset, make sure you have all the data in your backup. If you’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work then its time for factory reset. This feature brings back the phone to its original version when it first left the company. Here’s how you can reboot through factory reset;
- Navigate to the Android Settings.
- Select Backup & Reset (if you’re on Android 2.3 or older, select Privacy).
- Select Factory Data Reset.
This feature can be achieved even if your phone doesn’t boot on. This is called hard rest. For that purpose, you will need to boot into recovery mode. This feature works differently in different devices and its better to consult your phone’s manual. Here’s how some actions can enable recovery mode:*
- Hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons
- Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons
- Hold the Home + Power buttons
After the menu appears, choose factory reset with the help of volume keys. Still facing some issues? Let us know in the comments below.