SimSim is a mobile app by Finja Private Limited, that lets you be in total control of your branchless banking wallet and make real-time payments through multiple payment methods.
Here’s how to use SimSim app:
App Installation & Registration
- Download and install the SimSim App from Play Store or App Store.
- Click on the ‘Create Your SimSim Wallet’ button and enter your CNIC, Mobile Number, and carrier and click on ‘Submit.’
- On the next screen, enter your name, mother’s name and the city of birth and click ‘Submit’ again.
- Read the terms and conditions, once you’re done click ‘Accept.’ You’ll see a screen which will tell you the time taken to create your wallet. Click on ‘Next.’
- One the next screen, fill in the form by selecting your desired first name, father’s name, mailing address, and email ID. Click ‘Submit’ when done.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the OTP (verification number) sent to your mobile phone. Enter the OTP and click ‘Submit.’ Your account has now been verified!
- On the next screen enter a 4-digit pin.
- After adding a profile picture click next and you will have reached your SimSim Wallet’s ‘Home’ Screen.
- You’ll see all the details such as Balance, Account Management, Send Money, Scan & Pay, Top Ups, Pay Bills, Request Money, Gift Vouchers and Quick Pay.
- By clicking the bars in the upper left corner you can find tabs such as ‘Locate Us’ enabling you to find a bank or ATM nearby and you ‘Saved Transactions.’
Transferring and Requesting Funds
- To transfer funds, on the Home screen click on ‘Send Money’ and select ‘Sim Sim’.
- Enter the SimSim Wallet number i.e. the receiver’s phone number and confirm funds transfer.
- The next screen will show the transaction has been successful and the sent amount will appear on the receiver’s home screen. If it doesn’t show please log out and log in again.
- To request for money, click on the ‘Request Money’ tab and enter mobile number of the person you want to request money from. Also, enter the amount requested.
- The other person’s screen will see a small yellowish circle on the ‘Request Money’ tab.
- The other person will then click on it and select ‘Pay’ or ‘Reject’ to send or not send the requested amount.
- Scan the QR code at the shop’s counter.
- A screen will show the amount needed to complete the transaction, confirm to send the amount.
- Once you’ve sent the amount, a screen will appear confirming the amount has been sent and the vendor will receive a notification as well.
- It’s always good to save your transaction details for future reference or keep a record of a day’s shopping.
The State Bank of Pakistan is looking to draft a national e-commerce policy and with the rumors of Alibaba Group likely to invest in Pakistan, it is indeed high time for investors to make an entrance in the e-commerce sector and its facilitating markets. SimSim has great potential but with competitors like JazzCash and EasyPaisa we will have to wait and see how the whole situation pans out.