Telenor Pakistan introduces Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) i.e. Telenor users can now use their mobile balance to pay for apps and in-apps purchases in Google Play.
Previously, the purchases in Google Play required a debit/credit card but now telecom company takes away this hassle for their customers. The prepaid users can buy content through mobile balance and postpaid customers can charge the purchases to their bill.
How to Use this Service
You can enable Direct Carrier Billing using following easy steps:
- Go to Google Play (make sure you’ve login using google account)
- Tap the menu icon, represented by three lines on the far left corner
- Select Account from the side menu
- Tap on Payment Methods
- Tap on “Use Telenor Billing”
- Enter your required information in the form and tap on Save
- After the account is verified, you can see “Bill my Telenor account” option for your purchases
Users can spend PKR 15000 a month on Google play where users can also buy subscription app, in-app or subscription of up to 2500 PKR.
How to Buy Apps with this Service
- Choose the app of your liking
- Choose “Bill my Telenor account” option. If you’re seeing the debit/credit card option then click on the small arrow and choose the former option
- Tap Buy
- Enter your Google password and tap Confirm
On a successful purchase, the customer will receive a “Payment successful” message. They can also review their purchase in their “Order History.”
Google before offered help to boost the e-commerce industry in Pakistan and this move will surely strengthen not just Telenor but also Google’s stronghold in the country.
Staff Report at More News