Do you have a startup idea but no one to share it with? Try Uber. Yes, we are talking about the same cab-hailing service and No, we are not insane.
Uber has announced that it is finally bringing UberPITCH to Pakistan which brings investors and startups together. The whole project is wrapped around the idea that of elevator pitches.
A startup will need to pitch their idea to venture capitalists /investors during their Uber ride in order to gain funding for their startups.
How will UberPITCH work
The whole process is very easy and simple to follow; here’s how it will work:
- Download the Uber app on your smartphone
- Click here to submit the application for your startup before 5 pm on September 20th
- If selected, the company will email you the promo code to unlock the UberPITCH view
- On September 30th, request the UberPITCH option via your app between 11 am – 3 pm
- If connected, you will have precisely 7 minutes to pitch your idea and the same time to receive feedback
- The ride will be free of cost and will start and end at the pickup location
- Uber will announce the selected startups on 4th October
Maybe looking at this positive initiative for the startup eco-system, we will finally get rid of the Rishta aunty kind of promotions and do something for the betterment of the society at large.