Two years ago, with the launch of Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a software called Windows Insider Program which lets the users who own an authentic Windows 10 license to register for early previews of latest features of this operating system before an update.
The early builds of Windows 10 were previously only available to the developers. With the help of this program, the company gets the feedbacks from the users regarding the Windows 10.
If you are not interested in the early preview of the updates of Windows 10, there is an easy way to remove this program from your computer.
How to uninstall the “Windows Insider Program.”
- Open the Run command by hitting the Windows Key+R.
- A box will appear, type regedit
- Click the “OK” button. (This will open the registry editor)
- Now, browse the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Visibility
- On the right side, right-click
- Select New
- Click on DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Type HideInsiderPage in the name box and click enter
- Open the newly created DWORD file
- Change the value from 0 to 1
- After you are done with this step, close the registry editor
- Now, launch the Settings app by clicking Windows Key+I
- Go to the Update & Security
- Click Done.
You will not see the Windows Insider Program again.
How to Re-Install the Insider Program
If you change your mind and decide to participate in the Insider Program, you can reinstall it by following the same steps.
- But on the sixth step, instead of entering the value 1 for the DWORD file HideInsiderPage, enter the number 0.
If you are interested in more Windows 10 hacks, like how to take screenshots, do tell us in the comment section below.